Terms & Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program carefully. This page includes important information about the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program and your obligations towards the same. The terms apply to all persons using the McAfee Rakshak® website. By using this website and signing up for the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify the Terms and Conditions at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this website. Please note that all defined terms are at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
Through the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program, McAfee wishes to give software engineers (both independent and those who work for resellers) (“Participants”) the opportunity and encouragement for them to assist their customers to install McAfee Security Products as part of the onsite customer service that is offered by the Participant. Every time an eligible McAfee Security Product is activated on an end customers’ device, the Participant simply needs to enter the McAfee Security Product’s activation key into their profile on the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program website. Upon the verification of the activation status, the Participant will earn points (that will be recorded in that Participant’s dashboard) that can be redeemed for instant digital rewards via e-vouchers.
Participation in the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program must not compromise Participants' obligation to give honest advice to customers. Participants will be held to the highest ethical standards of behaviour in their interactions with end customers. In particular, the Participants must not be unduly forceful in the recommendation of the McAfee Products, the customer must have a genuine need for a security product, must not over promise on the functionality of the McAfee Product and must not present themselves as being an agent or representative of McAfee. Participants will work closely with the local representatives from McAfee’s distributors in India and attend product technical trainings that are being run by the Promotor with a focus on features, installation and how it works. Any Participant found to be in breach of these standards shall no longer be eligible to participate and shall not be eligible to receive Rewards under this Program.
Participant is responsible for ensuring that the end customer is present for the review of, and personal acceptance of, the McAfee End User License Agreement. Failure to do so may result in the Participant being suspended from the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program.
General Terms and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
To be eligible to participate participants must be invited by direct email and:
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Register their interest at www.mcafeerakshak.com and provide Your full name, organisation name, Your email address and Your mobile number, all of which must be accurate, truthful and up-to-date;
- You, or a relative, are not employed by the Promoter;
Registrations are subject to approval by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Following registration of interest on the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program Website, the Promotor will determine if the You are eligible to participate and You shall be notified accordingly.
Note – If You are employed by a reselling Company, You are responsible to confirm with your employer if you are permitted to participate in compliance with your contractual obligations to your employer and your employer's policies.
- EARNING MCAFEE Rakshak® POINTS
- Participants earn McAfee Rakshak® points by promoting and assisting End Users to load Eligible Products on computers and devices of paid End Users. As at 10 December 2017 the Eligible Products and point allocation are:
|Eligible Product Name
||Points earned on activation
||Points Value (INR)
|McAfee Internet Security
|McAfee Total Protection
Eligible Products may be altered at any time by the Promotor without notice. An up to date definitive list of Eligible Products can be found on the drop-down menu in the ‘Claim Form’ on the Dashboard.
- All Eligible Products will carry a 25-digit product unique activation key When the Participant has assisted an end user load Eligible Products onto their devices, the Participant will record the 25-digit product key of the Eligible Products on their Dashboard. Following activation of the Eligible Products by the End User, the corresponding points will be recorded in the Participant’s Dashboard. Points can only be rewarded once for each unique 25-digit product key and can only be claimed on activation of Eligible Products after 10 October 2017. The Promotor reserves the rights to deduct Points if it believes that the Eligible Products were not correctly installed, were returned or for any other reason the Promotor sees fit.
- The Promotor reserves the right to ‘approve’ or ‘reject’ any claim for points. The Promotor may contact the Participant for further information to assist with approving a claim. If Promotor is unable to validate a claim for points following requesting further information, no points will be awarded. If multiple claims are submitted for the same transaction by different Participants, the successful Participant shall be the Participant/s who finalizes the said transaction. The decision on who finalized the transaction will be made by the Promoter and will be final. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to Internet failure, technical problems or other causes. If the Promotor believes or suspects that a Participant may have cheated or supplied false or incomplete information for any aspect of the Program, the Promoter shall be entitled to suspend any applicable McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points allocation and may suspend the Participant from the Program.
- MCAFEE RAKSHAK REWARD POINTS
McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points will accumulate in the Participant's account until the earlier of: (i) a Redemption request is submitted or (ii) until the end of each calendar year that the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program is running. Participants will be able to redeem points until 31 January of the following calendar year that the points have been earned in (for example, points earned up to and including 31 December 2017 can be redeemed until 31 January 2018). Any McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points that have not been redeemed by such time will be void. The maximum McAfee Rewards Points that will be granted by the Promoter to a Participant during a given calendar year is 20,000 Points. Promoter may from time to time (but is under no obligation to do so) announce incentives or promotions where Participants can win prizes or additional McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points. Each participant will have zero McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points on the first day of each calendar year. The Promoter reserves the right to modify any limits on McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points at its sole discretion and without prior notification. The Promoter, may, at is sole discretion issue McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points to Participants for actions other than Eligible Product sales. Points cannot be transferred between Participants without express approval by the Promotor, the Promotor is under no obligation to allow the transfer of Points.
McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points may be exchanged for Rewards (items listed on the McAfee Rakshak® website) which will be issued as e-vouchers to the Participant’s registered email address. All Rewards are offered subject to availability and are subject to change at any given time at the Promoter's sole discretion, and are available only while supplies last. Items are not transferable for cash, credit, other items, or points under any circumstances. If a Participant attempts to redeem Points for a Reward is no longer available, even if that item is still appearing on the McAfee Rakshak® website, the Points will be reimbursed to the Participant’s Dashboard.
You may be given access to end customer personal information (including, full names, passwords, phone numbers, email addresses, home address) through your work as an engineer. You will consider such private information that is gained through your access to the customer’s device as confidential information and not disclose any such confidential information to any third party without the written consent of end customer. You must treat end customer confidential information with at least the same degree of care that is afforded to your own confidential information, but in no event, less than reasonable care. Where the end customer consents, you will provide the name, phone number and email address of the end customer to McAfee to allow McAfee to remind You when the end customer’s subscription is due for renewal. If you are no longer a Participant of the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program, you will not be notified when the end customer’s subscription is due for renewal. McAfee’s standard privacy terms and conditions will apply to McAfee’s use of the end customer information. You will not provide the end customer’s information to any other third party without the end customer’s express consent.
- The Program starts on 1st October 2017 and shall continue until 31 January 2020 or such time as the Promoter terminates or suspends it. If the Promoter chooses not to end the Program on 31 January 2020, the Promoter shall, post notice of termination of the Program on the McAfee Rakshak® website.
- The Promoter may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration at any time without notice for any of the following reasons: (i) dispute with the Participant; (ii) late payment of invoices for Eligible Products; (iii) Non-compliance with the rules of the Program; (iv) if any complaint is raised against the Participant; or (v) on the recommendation from Feet on the Street. If a Participant’s registration is terminated all McAfee Rakshak® Reward Points will be void immediately upon termination.
- TAX AND OTHER LIABILITIES
The provision of, or receipt of rewards and other incentives under the Program by Participants may trigger tax or other liabilities on the part of the Participant. You confirm that you agree to declare and pay promptly any such taxes, contributions or payments that are liable to be made from time to time. Neither the Promoter nor its agency will be held liable for any such taxes or liabilities and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter and its agency against any such tax or social security contributions incurred by McAfee.
- ACCEPTABLE USE OF WEBSITE
You agree that you shall not: (i) Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program website; (ii) Deface, alter or interfere with the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program website; (iii) Copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer any material on this website or the underlying software code; (iv) Take any action that imposes an unreasonable / disproportionately large load or use of bandwidth on the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program website or associated infrastructure.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
In no event, shall the Promoter be liable for any losses or damages of whatsoever kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damages or loss of profit) arising out of access to, or the use of this website, participation in the Program or the receipt, ownership or use of any item or reward, or from any typographical, printing.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless McAfee and its advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors and agents from and against any claims, damages, expenses (including reasonably legal fees), and liability arising from or related to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from your breach of these Terms and Conditions or any actions taken by any user authorized to use Your account, including, but not limited to, accrual of points, redemption of points, and disclosure of passwords to third parties.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
All trademarks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the materials on this website (as well as the organization and layout of this website) together with the software code are either owned by or licensed to the Promoter. Registration in the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program does not give rise to any rights of the Participant to use any McAfee trademark or logo. In particular, You must not use any McAfee trademark or logo in a manner that implies endorsement or approval of your products or services by McAfee.
- DATA PROTECTION
- ALTERATION OF TERMS
The Promoter reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at its sole discretion, including but not limited to alterations to reflect changes in the law. Any amended version from time to time will be posted on the Program website.
By registering as a Participant of the McAfee Rakshak® Rewards Program you consent to the Promoter being entitled to use Your name, town and employer's name (if any) in any publicity by the Promoter following receipt of a Reward by the Participant. The Promotor will consult with the Participant prior to releasing the publicity for approval of what is being included in such publicity.
- GOVERNING LAW
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India
In the case of any dispute or interpretation of these terms and conditions, the decision of the Promoter shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into by Promoter with any Participant on its decisions which shall be final and binding.
||An individual sales representative or sales engineer employed by a reseller company approved to participate in the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program, by McAfee in accordance with the terms set out herein.
||The Participant’s personalised interactive index page of the control panel for the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program website that is accessed by logging in and entering their password.
||Selected McAfee products namely:
(i) McAfee Internet Security; and
(ii) McAfee Total Protection,
as may be amended from time to time by notice on the McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program website.
|‘Feet on Street’
||Feet of Street is a sales consulting firm that has been engaged by a McAfee Product distributor to assist with sale management and customer support systems. There are approximately 40 consultants engaged across India. [need what their responsibilities are and what role they play / interaction with participants]
|"McAfee Rakshak Reward Points", “Reward Points”
||Points earned by recording the unique McAfee 25-digit product key of the Eligible Products that have been activated on the Mcafee Rakshak® Rewards Program website and are displayed on the Participant’s dashboard.
|"McAfee Rakshak® Reward Program”, “Program”
||The point earning reward program run by McAfee .
|"Promoter", "McAfee", "We", "Us", "Our"
||McAfee Software (India) Private Limited
||Territory of India.